What personal information we collect and why we collect it
BOS+ Vlaanderen vzw and BOS+ tropen vzw (hereinafter referred to as BOS+), initiators of Klimaatbossenfonds, give great importance to the protection of your personal data.
This means that we:
- Limit the processing of your personal data to those data that are minimally necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your explicit consent if we need so for the processing of your personal data;
- Have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Do not transfer personal data to other parties unless it is necessary for the implementation of the objectives for which they have been provided;
- Are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, want to point these out to you and respect them.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data is processed by BOS + for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- Sending newsletters and invitations;
- Sending tax certificates;
- Obtaining subsidies from the government;
- For raising awareness and information of BOS+ supporters: on the basis of a legitimate interest, namely the continued existence of the organization (realization of substantive and financial objectives).
For the above purposes, we may request the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data: name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail;
- National Insurance number;
- Communication preferences;
- Financial data in case of a donation;
- Other data in connection with participation in one of our activities.
We use the collected date only for the purposes for which we have obtained the data and save them no longer than necessary.
Disclosure to third parties
When you leave a comment on our site, you can indicate whether your name, your email address and website may be stored in a cookie. We do this for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information again for a new response. These cookies are valid for one year.
The data you provide us with can be provided to third parties if necessary for the purposes described above. We appeal a third party for:
- Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting);
- Taking care of the IT infrastructure (including IT network, …);
- Arranging (and distributing) newsletters;
- Taking care of post mailings;
- The storage of our data.
We never give personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processing agreement. With these parties (processors) we will of course make the necessary arrangements to guarantee the security of your personal data
We will not pass on the information you provide to third parties., unless this is legally mandatory and allowed. For example, in the context of the distribution of tax certificates. We can also share your personal data with third parties if you give us written permission. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We only process personal data of minors (persons under 16 years of age) if written permission has been given by the parent or legal representative.
BOS + does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law. BOS + stores personal data for a maximum of 5 years after the last use, unless it is necessary for a longer period of time for legal purposes.
We have taken the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unlawful processing for example, the following measures have been taken:
- All persons who take note of your data on behalf of BOS + are bound by confidentiality;
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data if there is reason to do so;
- We make backups of personal data in order to restore it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us about immediatly. You have the right to file a complaint with the Commissie voor de bescherming van de persoonlijke levenssfeer (CBPL), better known as the privacy commission, this is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Change privacy statement